We Love Green (France)
74% of the waste was recovered during the 2018 edition of the festival:
32.7 tons of CO2 saved,
the equivalent of 33 Paris-New York flights!
BEFORE THE EVENT
- Free water points and distribution of 2000 gourdes by the CRIPS,
- Ecocup with a deposit system,
- Distributions of reusable water bottles for the technical teams and glass water jugs for the Think Tank stage and for the artists,
- 100% compostable and composted tableware, all restaurateurs obtain their tableware from Unikeco.
- Dematerialized ticketing,
- WE LOVE GREEN mobile application with music programming and conferences, practical information, but also the entertainment program and restaurant owners’ menus,
- Ban on the distribution of paper flyers.
Scenography built from recycled elements:
- The festival collects from regional resourceries or events the materials to build its scenographic installations: 250 wooden pallets, 700m² of wood, 400 cleats, 300m² of polypropylene, 80L of paint: Farrow and Ball, 350m² of tarpaulins, 400m2 of fabrics, 400kg of polluting plastic waste.
- 100% dry toilets on the festival, saving 2.4 million litres of water,
- Recycled wood chips from a ST GOBAIN wood workshop, wood from Picardy forests, untreated,
- In the VIP area, Ecosec ecological toilets: cabins running on solar energy, allow urine recovery in order to create a mineral fertilizer derived from urine phosphate.
AFTER THE EVENT
- 13 flows: Household waste, Cardboard, Multi Materials, PET Bottles, Cellophane, Glass, Bulky Garbage, Food Compost, Litter, Wood, Edible Oils, Butts, Batteries,
- 4 flows in the general public area: Compost, Multi-materials, Household Garbage and Butts
- Mandatory sorting by both the technical team and the general public,
- Training of bartenders, restaurateurs in sorting flows,
- Green Brigade: a team of 110 volunteers dedicated to waste management and sorting, a team composed mainly of volunteers from the association CliMates.
- Materials for the construction of the scenography are given to other eco-responsible festivals for reuse (climax, solidays, canal house etc…),
- Wood recovered and recycled by Co-Recyclage,
- Plastic bottles, cans and cellophane that have nevertheless managed to slip through the festival site are recycled and reintegrated into a circular economy circuit,
- Oils used by restorers are recovered by Ecogras,
- Redistribution of unsold items (the equivalent of 800 meals) thanks to Linkee, restos du cœur and Emmaüs Solidarité.
- Methanisation: bio-waste was methanised in a plant in the Île de France region (94) by Syctom, through the Town Hall of the 12th arrondissement.
- Compost: 14,000 litres of compost have been created and 17,000 litres of urine recycled into agricultural fertilizer.
- Cigarette butts collection: recycled in France’s leading butt processing plant, with our partner MéGo.
WE LOVE GREEN is a festival of contemporary music taking place every year in early June in the heart of the Bois de Vincennes (France). It is conceived above all as a laboratory for sustainable development. Every year, the team implements numerous measures to raise awareness about the organization of eco-responsible events. These measures include, among others, 100% sustainable energy for the festival; local, seasonal and 60% vegetarian food; awareness-raising actions with the festival’s conference and debate scene, THINK TANK, the presence of numerous environmental associations and the Start Up Incubator, communication around sustainable transport, a free water supply and upstream and downstream actions to reduce waste.